Search This Blog

Friday, August 14, 2009

The Scarlet Pimpernel

I decided that a series of the pictures that I have drawn would be a little more interesting than a variety! So here is my final for Costume Design 2 class. This was a crunch project that turned out quite well! The Scarlet Pimpernel has become one of my favorite shows(It already was a favorite book)... that I have never seen. But, the music is amazing and the movie was great because Jane Seymour, one of the classiest and most beautiful women of all times was in it... if you haven't seen it, you should. The acting is pretty good, it is very romantic, and the costumes are gorgeous! But here is my interpretation of it for the stage.

Fops are SO much fun!
The left hand corner of the bottom of this dress was a triumph! The face however was not, but in crunch time, you take what you can get (Which clearly isn't much...)
Percy... mmmm....
Not a favorite, but mostly because I did it so fast... like 15 minutes...
My favorite of the series. Notice his lovely pants. I love them.


3 comments:

  1. What's a Fop? My favorite are the shoden feet of the men. Boots and bucklers are classy. Nice work Landen! Would you hate me if I told you I have never "The Scarlet Pimpernel?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent drawings! I love the pants and the corner of that one dress...and it's hard to believe how much better you've gotten since drawing these! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great costumes and drawings. I like the last one, too. :) You're right the music is wonderful. I've heard the soundtrack for The Scarlet Pimpernel, but have yet to see it. (I need to read the book; my daughter loved it.) Would LOVE to see this on stage.

    ReplyDelete