Saturday, January 30, 2010
This morning I had a bunch of errands to run, and when one fell through, I had time to make lunch. Macaroni and cheese sounded like a good idea (Remember that I am a college student... I eat that kind of stuff). So I put the water filled pot on the stove and went to go get the butter from the fridge. After a moment, I glanced over at the stove to see the burner smoking like crazy! Literally, billowing off the stove. I rushed over to realize that I had turned on the wrong burner... A coil that had a dishtowel sitting on top of it, coincidentally. I am not sure why there was a towel on it, but because the towel was on fire, it was not the moment to figure that out. I quickly poured baking soda on it, and within a few seconds, the fire went out... Needless to say, it was a cooking adventure to remember. And I didn't burn down the apartment building.