Search This Blog

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Emerson Drive

Like most people, I like music. Unlike most people, until yesterday, I had never been to a concert before. Symphony concerts, yes. Contemporary music concerts, no (Sort of weird for a person who was raised in the entertainment capitol of the world). For my birthday, my boyfriend, Adam, bought me tickets to go see the country group Emerson Drive. Last night we went to see the concert at the Scera Outdoor Shell in Orem. It was SO fun! The weather was good, the band was good, they played almost all of my favorite songs, and ended with a bang when they sang "The Devil Went Down to Georgia," and the fiddler outdid himself with unbelievably fast and ridiculously amazing fiddling.

Verdict: I like concerts. I like them a lot.

Emerson Drive during "Moments."
Adam and Me, sharing a non-photogenic moment in the pre-concert excitement.

6 comments:

  1. I too have not been to many real concerts. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize it was outdoors! How fun is that. When I saw them in concert it was inside (a pretty small club) and so LOUD. Much better for you, I'm sure. They were FABULOUS, even if my ears did ring for 3 hours afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture of you guys. Just...love. So you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you would be surprised to learn how many people have never been to a concert before... I have never bought a concert ticket to a contemporary show before. I've been given tickets and been to an open mic night, but concerts just aren't my thing.

    ReplyDelete